Thank you for stopping by! I hope you are doing well and enjoying the season. We’re finally having great weather here in Corte Madera and tomato planting season has started for me.
Warm spring weather is perfect for making macarons. Looks like I have so much catching up to do! My Week 19 offering is Strawberry Acai Red Tea Macarons with Fleur de Sel Caramel Filling. I am making another variation with French Buttercream later, and I think it’s going to be fantastic.
Fluer de Sel Caramel Filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup (this will prevent crystallization of sugar)
- 1/4 cup water (to get more tea flavor, infuse two (2) tea bags in 1/4 cup water)
- Bring cream, butter, and fleur de sel to a boil in a small saucepan, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil sugar, corn syrup, and water in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil, without stirring but gently swirling pan, until mixture is a light golden caramel.
- Carefully stir in cream mixture (mixture will bubble up) and simmer, stirring frequently, until caramel registers 248°F on thermometer, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour into small bowl and cool 2 hours.
- Pipe onto macarons to make sandwiches.