Happy Wednesday! Though not cooking today, I’m definitely eating. I should practice on rolling these babies. I apologize, they are not very sexy (the rolls). First time. Rice paper wrap is not a Filipino thing, and although I enjoy them eating out, I never tried to make them at home. Until today. By the kitchen sink.
Direct from the vegetable crisper (leftover veggies from yesterday), julienned and sliced…I’m proud to present Butternut Squash Sticks and Asparagus Slices in Rice Papers.
This is my new favorite. So yummy, and I feel great about not frying anything today.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or peanut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup water
- In a small saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add brown sugar, peanut butter, and soy sauce. Whisk until smooth. Sauce should be fairly thick.
- While whisking, slowly add water with cornstarch and let sauce thicken and cornstarch cooked through.
- Transfer to a gravy dish.
- Yes, I’m still eating those pea tendrils and planted more!
- This is my new favorite.