- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (you may omit or add more)
- prawns shelled and heads reserved (you may use pork instead or make the dish vegetarian)
- 1 cup of water
- squash, cubed
- long beans, cut in 3″ pieces
- 1 can coconut cream or milk depending on how rich you want the dish
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make shrimp stock, process reserved prawn heads and water in a blender. Strain liquid and discard shells. Set stock aside.
- In a wok or skillet, heat oil and saute garlic until golden brown, adding onions to the saute until translucent, then the jalapeno until fragrant.
- Add prawns and continue sauteing until they turn pink.
- Add reserved stock and bring to a boil.
- Add squash and continue cooking for five minutes covered.
- Add coconut milk, and once simmering, add long beans and cook for 3 more minutes. You may cook your veggies longer depending on desired doneness.
- Season with salt (or patis) and pepper.