- 1 live Dungeness Crab, scrubbed, cleaned and quartered. Set aside.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3″ fresh ginger root, julienned
- 1 packet annato powder
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pack saifun noodles
- Heat oil in wok and saute garlic until fragrant. Add onions and saute until translucent, then add ginger and continue to saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add annato powder. This prevents powder from clumping.
- Add cleaned and quartered crab and continue sauteing until crab turns color.
- Add chicken broth.
- When broth begins to boil, add saifun noodles and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or green onions.
- Lemongrass adds freshness and zing to this dish.