The Little Dude requested pecan tartlets and since I cannot find his Ate Jamie’s original recipe, I tried good old memory!
Cream Cheese Crust – Makes Five (5) Dozens
- 2 8-oz. packages of Philly Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together flour and salt.
- Combine cream cheese and butter. Stir in flour. Blend well.
- Press 1 tablespoon mixture into each cup of mini muffin pans to form 60 (1 3/4 to 2-inch) shells.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Preheat Oven at 350F
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Melt butter in microwave. Stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Blend well.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of mixture into each tart shell.
- Place two (2) pecan halves (U.S. #1 FANCY) in each tart shell.
- Bake in oven for 22 minutes.