- Preheat oven at 375F
- Peel and slice butternut squash into half, then in half inch slices discarding seeds.
- In a bowl, coat with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and a touch of nutmeg.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Dungeness Crab in Coconut Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons minced ginger root (fresh)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon annatto powder
- 1 Dungeness crab, cleaned and quartered
- 1 can (13.5 fluid ounces) coconut cream
- salt and pepper to taste
In a wok, saute garlic, onions, and ginger in olive oil until fragrant. Add sliced peppers and annatto powder. Saute crab pieces until it turns a little color. Add coconut cream, salt and pepper and simmer covered until cooked, about 10 minutes.
Reserve some sauce for roasted butternut squash. Sauce may be prepared without crabs.