Not only that I love eating Italian food, I also enjoy preparing them because they are pretty much fuss-free. This version used ingredients right out of my pantry, refrigerator, and garden.
Boil water for pasta. Prep ingredients. Start sauteing when water starts to boil.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (you may use more or less)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or sliced thinly
- 1 can olives, chopped or sliced thinly
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- pepper flakes (up to you)
- 4 cans tuna, albacore (Costco) – a not so lean version in olive oil would probably be better
- handful of basil, chiffonade
In a pan or wok, saute garlic, tomatoes, and olives in olive oil. Add tuna, break apart with spatula, add pepper flakes. I added nasturtium petals for color and peppery taste.