Dedicated to Linda (survivor) and to Steve’s Mom.
For Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Mactweets Mac Attack Challenge No. 12, please allow me to introduce Pumpkin Chai Red Tea Macarons.
A good balance of East and West plus all the goodness of Fall Season made these macarons possible.
The Republic of Tea’s Pumpkin Chai Red Tea is made especially for Crate & Barrel.
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- contents of three (3) teabags Pumpkin Chai Red Tea The Republic of Tea
- Pulse confectioners’ sugar, tea, and almond flour in a food processor until combined.
- Preheat oven to 280 degrees F. Whisk whites with a mixer on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, and whisk until stiff peaks form. Sift flour mixture over whites, and fold until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain round tip, and pipe 1.5″-inch rounds 1 inch apart on Silpat-lined baking sheets. Tap bottom of each sheet on work surface to release trapped air. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake for 17 minutes.
- Let macarons cool on sheets for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Sandwich 2 same-size macarons with 1 teaspoon filling .