Arugula, with its rich, nutty, peppery taste made this sandwich my new favorite. It’s the grown-up greens (bold) to complement the pea hummus (sweet). The fire-roasted red sweet peppers and fresh green jalapenos combo took my lunch to a new height (texture and taste). For crunch, I used julienned fresh peas in lieu of cucumbers.
- pea hummus (see previous post)
- French sandwich roll, toasted
- fire-roasted sweet red peppers, cut into long strips
- green jalapeno pepper, seeded and julienned
- sugarsnap peas, julienned
- a handful of arugula
- Spread pea hummus on the toasted roll.
- Arrange strips of roasted peppers, fresh jalapenos, peas, and top with a handful of arugula.
- Serve immediately.